she greeted us by shouting a friendly"hello".请分析相关语法

来源:学生作业帮助网 编辑:作业帮 时间:2024/05/01 00:59:08
she greeted us by shouting a friendly

she greeted us by shouting a friendly"hello".请分析相关语法
she greeted us by shouting a friendly"hello".请分析相关语法

she greeted us by shouting a friendly"hello".请分析相关语法
she greeted us 主谓宾
by shouting a friendly"hello".1.方式状语 2.介词后用动词ing
friendly"hello".形容词定语修饰名词

she greeted us 分别为 主谓宾 3个成分
by shouting a friendly"hello 介宾短语做方式状语

Lesson 92 Asking for trouble

It must have been about two in the morning when I returned home. I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell, but she was fast asleep, so I got a ladder ...

全部展开

Lesson 92 Asking for trouble

It must have been about two in the morning when I returned home. I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell, but she was fast asleep, so I got a ladder from the shed in the garden, put it against the wall, and began climbing towards the bedroom window. I was almost there when a sarcastic voice below said, 'I don't think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night.' I looked down and nearly fell off the ladder when I saw a policeman. I immediately regretted answering in the way I did, but I said, 'I enjoy cleaning windows at night.'
'So do I,' answered the policeman in the same tone. 'Excuse my interrupting you. I hate to interrupt a man when he's busy working, but would you mind coming with me to the station?'
'Well, I'd prefer to stay here,' I said. 'You see. I've forgotten my key.'
'Your what?' he called.
'My key,' I shouted.
Fortunately, the shouting woke up my wife who opened the window just as the policeman had started to climb towards me.
我回到家时,肯定已是凌晨两点左右了。我按响了门铃,试图唤醒我的妻子,但她睡得很熟。于是,我从花园的小棚里搬来了一个梯子,把它靠在墙边,开始向卧室的窗口爬去。快要爬到窗口时,下面一个人用讽刺的口吻说:“我看不必在夜里这个时候擦窗子吧。”我向下面看去。当我看清是一个警察时,差一点儿从梯子上掉下去。我回答了他的话,但马上又后悔不该那样说,我是这样说的:“我喜欢在夜里擦窗子。”
“我也是的,”警察用同样的声调回答,“请原谅我打断了您。当一个人在忙着干活时,我是不愿意去打断他的,但请您跟我到警察局去一趟好吗?”
“可我更愿意呆在这儿,”我说,“您瞧,我忘带钥匙了。”
“什么?”他大声问。
“钥匙!”我喊道。
幸运得很,这喊声惊醒了我的妻子。就在警察开始向我爬上来时,她打开了窗子。

1. ask for trouble,自找麻烦,自讨苦吃(多用于口语)。
You shouldn't have been so rude to her. You are asking for trouble.
你不该对她那么粗鲁。你这是自找麻烦。
The boss seems to be annoyed. To talk to him now is to ask for trouble.
老板似乎在生气。现在找他谈话是自讨苦吃。
You asked for it. 你自找的。
2. must+have+过去分词表示对过去发生的事进行推测(其否定式为can't+have+过去分词,cf.第17 课语法);need+have+过去分词表示过去不必做但实际已做了的事(cf.第41 课语法);should/ought to+have+过去分词表示本来应该做而实际未做的事(cf.第65 课语法):
He had found five empty whisky bottles which the ghost must have drunk the night before.
他发现了5 只空的威士忌酒瓶子,这肯定是鬼魂前天晚上喝的。
The examiner must have been pleased with my performance.
主考人对我的表现想必是满意的。
You needn't have said that.
你没必要这么说。(实际已经说了)
You needn't have told him about my plans.
你本不必把我的打算告诉他。(实际上已告诉了他)
He should have gone along a side street.
他应该走一条小街。(实际上他走了主要街道)

3.(1)wake up唤醒或吵醒某人
Stop shouting or you'll wake up the neighbors.
不要喊了,否则你会把邻居吵醒的。
清醒,警觉
A cold shower will soon wake you up.
你洗个冷水澡,马上就清醒了。
醒来
What time did you usually wake up in the morning?
你平常早晨通常几点钟醒来?
(2)fast asleep/sound asleep 熟睡
He seems to be fast asleep.
他好像睡得很熟。
(3)against违反,与.......相反,反对
That's against the law.那是违反的.
倚;靠
His desk is against the wall.
他的办公桌靠墙放着。
Don't wake her up.She is fast/sound asleep.

4.sarcastic
讽刺的,嘲笑的,挖苦的
I'm sick of your sarcastic remarks.
我已经听腻了你的冷嘲热讽
She talked with him with sarcastic tones.
她用挖苦的语调和他说话。

5.I don't think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night. 我看不必在夜里这个时侯擦窗子吧。
(1)有些动词如 think, believe,expect,suppose 等后面跟表示否定意思的宾语从句时,否定词not 往往用在主句中,但译成汉语时否定意义应在宾语从句中。我们一般不说 I think Mary won't come this evening,
而说 I don't think Mary will come this evening。又如:
I don't believe he is still in London.
我相信他已不在伦敦。
(2)need cleaning 的含义相当于 need to be cleaned。need 表示“需要”时,后面接的动名词有被动的含义(cf.第44 课语法):在need,want 之后,动名词形式具有被动的含义,相当于被动的不定式:
The windows need cleaning.
这些窗子该擦了。(=need to be cleaned)
His shirt needs washing.
他的衬衣该洗了。

6.I immediately regretted answering in the way I did. 我立刻后悔不该那样回答。
regret 后面接动名词形式与接不定式的含义不同。接动名词形式表示对做过的事感到后悔,接不定式则表示对现在或将来发生的事感到遗憾或抱歉
I regretted saying it almost at once.
我几乎马上就后悔说了这话。
We regret to tell you that you are not welcome.
我们很遗憾地告诉您,您不受欢迎。
We regret to inform you that you needn't come here next week.
我们很遗憾地通知你下周不用来这儿了。
与 regret 相似, remember,forget,stop 等动词后面接不定式与接动名词形式的意义有很大不同。 remember / forget+不定式指未来的动作(或从过去观点看的“未来的”举动):
Remember to post the letters.
要记着/别忘记去邮信。
I remembered to post the letters.
我记着去邮信了。(没有忘记)
Don't forget to ask Tom.
别忘记去问汤姆。
I forgot to ask Tom.
我忘了去问汤姆。
remember / forget+ 动名词形式则指过去的动作(已发生过):
I remember posting / having posted the letters.我记得已把信寄了。
Have you forgotten meeting / having met her at a party?
你忘记了曾在一次聚会上见过她吗?
stop+ 不定式指目的:
On the way to the station I stopped to buy a paper.
去车站的路上,我停下来买了一张报纸。
stop+ 动名词形式表示停下正在做的动作:
When he told us the story, we just couldn't stop laughing.
他给我们讲故事时我们不禁都笑个不停。

7.用于并列补充句和反应句的 so 与 neither/ nor
so 和 neither/nor 用于并列补充句和表示反应的句子时表示“也”、“同样”, so 用于肯定句,neither /nor 用于否定句(neither 和 nor完全可以互换)。它们后面跟的是省略形式的分句,只有助动词+ 主语,也可以是情态助动词 +主语:
John can speak French and so can I.
John can' t speak French and neither / nor can I.
约翰会说法语,我也会。(重复情态助动词)
约翰不会说法语,我也不会。
I went to a meeting last night.
So did I.
I didn' t got to the meeting last night.
Neither / Nor did I.
昨晚我参加了一个会议。
我也一样。(原句没有助动词时用/ 等)
昨晚我没去参加那个会议。
我也没去。
I've got a new car and so has John.
我买了一辆新车,约翰也买了一辆。(重复助动词 have)
She's going to help us and so is Jim.
她将帮助我们,吉姆也将帮助我们。(重复助动词is)
He likes his beer and so does Frank.
他喜欢啤酒,弗兰克也喜欢。(加助动词 does)
8.'Excuse my interrupting you.对不起,打扰你一下.
excuse sb/sth (for sth/doing sth )原谅某人/某事物
Please excuse my late arrival.请原谅我来晚了.
Excuse me for being late.原谅我迟到了.

9.busy at/with sth
busy doing sth
She's busy at her homework.她正忙着做家庭作业.
She's busy writing letters.她正忙着写信呢

10. would you mind helping me?请帮帮我的忙好吗
Would you mind if I smoke?你介意我抽烟吗?

11.tone n.
(1)语气,口气,腔调:
The policeman answered in a sarcastic tone.
警察用讽刺的口吻回答。
The waiter greeted us in a friendly tone.
那侍者用友好的口气同我们打招呼。
(2)语调,声调:
You should use the rising / falling tone at the end of this sentence.
在这句话的结尾你应该用升调/降调。
(3)格调,风格,气氛:
Her dress has a bright tone.
她的衣服格调明快。
The building has a foreign tone.
这座建筑物有一种异国情调。

收起